Careers in the 21st century demand greater clarity of communications than ever before and Middle School is the perfect time to start setting expectations for our students.
We here at VMS and specifically in 8th grade will tremendously enhance the ground work for students to become successful in highschool and most importantly in the global market place.
Building a strong solid foundation starts today!!!
- Students will improve their reading and writing skills through our novel based reading program.
- I will expect Grammar skills to shine through the students' writing assignments.
- One major project, related to the required novel reading in class, will be assigned for each Marking Period.
- At least one process writing piece, demonstrating research skills shall be assigned each Marking Period.
- A unit on folktales, myths,and legends and a poetry unit will be presented during the year.
- Throughout the year, students shall be preparing for PARCC testing in the spring.
Language Arts Literacy Expectations
Real -World Tool for students - we'll be using iPads, Apple TVs & PCs!
We'll Host Reading & Writer's Work Shops!
We'll focus on Speaking & Listening!