First Aid is administered, when needed, under guidelines set up by the school physician.
Parents of children with communicable diseases must follow the distric guidelines before readmitting their child:
1. The child must be fever free for at least 24 hours
2. Vomiting, Diarrhea: The child should not return to school until 24 hours after comiting and/or diarrhea have ceased.
3. Conjunctivitis: The child must be on medication prescribed by his/her physician for 24 hours before returning to school.
4. Chicken Pox: The child should remain at home for 7 to 10 days or until such time as all lesions have scabbed. The child must report to the school health office before being readmitted to class.
5. Impetigo: The child should remain at home for at least 24 hours after the start of medication prescribed by the child's physician.
6. Head Lice: The child must be treated and may not return to school until all lice and nits are gone. The child must report to the school health office before being readmitted to class.