Interscholastic sports are a vital part of the middle school years.
Physicals for fall sports are due August 5th, 2019!
Students who wish to participate in a sport must complete the ENTIRE physical packet.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PHYSICALS:
- The Pre-participation physical evaluation (PPE) must be completed by a licensed physician, advanced practice nurse (APN), or physician assistant (PA) that has completed the Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment professional development module. It is recommended that you verify that your medical provider has completed this module before scheduling an appointment
- The PPE must be conducted within 365 days of the first official practice of the athletic season.
- The permission form, concussion form, sudden cardiac death form, and opioid form must be read by the parent and student and signed/dated.
- Student-athletes that had a medical exam completed 90 days prior to the start of the athletic season must complete the Health History Update Questionnaire.
- The physical packet will be RETURNED and UNAPPROVED if:
- The date of exam and personal information (name, date of birth, etc.) is not filled in
- Blood pressure, pulse, or vision is left blank
- Signatures (athlete or parent) are missing
- Completed Cardiac Assessment is not signed and dated by the physician