Common Core State
College and career readiness
Anchor Standard for writing
7. Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
8. Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.
9. Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research
10. Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of tasks, purposes, and audiences.
English Language Arts
Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas, concepts, and information through the selection, organization, and analysis of relevant content.
- Introduce a topic; organize ideas, concepts, and information, using strategies such as definition, classification, comparison/contrast, and cause/effect; include formatting (e.g., headings), graphics (e.g., charts, tables), and multimedia when useful to aiding comprehension.
With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
Conduct short research projects to answer a question (including a self-generated question), drawing on several sources and generating additional related, focused questions that allow for multiple avenues of exploration.
Standards for the 21st Century Learner
American Association of School Libraries
|Inquire,think critically and gain knowledge
1.1.1 Follow an inquiry based process in seeking knowledge in
curricular subjects, and make the real world connection for
using this process in own life.
1.1.3 Develop and reﬁne a range of questions to frame the search for
1.2 Dispositions in Action
1.2.1 Display initiative and engagement by posing questions
and investigating the answers beyond the collection of