SIGN UP FOR MRS. LABELLA'S READING & LANGUAGE ARTS REMIND HERE!
Send a text to:
Text this message:
SIGN UP FOR MRS. LABELLA'S ELA (S.S.) HERE!
Send a text to:
Text this message:
*The dates below are tentative and may change*
SEE GOOGLE CLASSROOM FOR STUDY GUIDES
ASSESSMENT REMINDERS ARE THROUGH REMIND
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." ~Benjamin Franklin
Welcome to Mrs. LaBella's Class!
Reading, Language Arts & ELA-Social Studies (RC)
Math & Science (ICS)
Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, the word itself says "I'M POSSIBLE"!
Dear 6th Grade Parents/Guardians:
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL! I anticipate a rewarding year working with you here at VMS! This letter is to inform you of the expected learning environment. Teaching will focus on the NJ Student Learning Standards so students will feel more confident within their learning. As a school, we continue to focus on inspiring, engaging and innovating in a positive learning environment. I would like to familiarize you with some of the procedures that will be followed in my class this year.
- RESPECT – This classroom is based on respect. Learning can only occur when respect abounds; therefore, it is expected.
- TALKING – Talking without permission is neither acceptable nor conducive to the learning process. If you have something to say which will contribute to the class, raise your hand, and you will be given the opportunity to speak.
- CLASS PREPARATION – Students are expected to come to class prepared with all class-related materials. This includes a mask, IPAD, earbuds, silent reading novel, pencils, red pen, highlighter, assignments, and a good attitude!
- ASSIGNMENTS –Assignments are given to enrich instruction. I do not give unnecessarily difficult or long assignments; therefore, I expect them to be turned in on time.
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS – Upon occasion, it will be necessary for a substitute teacher to be in the classroom. This person is to be treated with all respect due to any teacher or teacher aide in this school. An unfavorable report from a substitute will not be ignored.
Consequences for infractions of the classroom rules:
- 1st time- verbal warning
- 2nd time- lunch detention; parents will be notified
- 3rd time or severe/physical disruption- Write-up & referral to office
Incentive System Rewards: You can earn "LaBella Bucks" by having a positive attitude, staying on task, following directions, participating, helping out a classmate, being respectful, completing your homework and more!
*You will “cash in” your weekly money on Wednesdays & Fridays to earn your choice of:
- A special treat $5
- Tech time or HW Pass $10
- PRIZE BOX $20
***If your Reading and/or LAL grade improves a letter grade each marking period, you choose your reward***
GRADING SCALE CHECK MARKS
A 92+ √++ 100
B 91-83 √+ 96
C 82-74 √ 86
D 73-65 √- 76
F 64-0 √-- 65
Supportive 10%- HW, Guided Practice, Word checks, Center work, IXL,
Secondary 40%- Quizzes, Skills Practice, Minor Writing Responses, Journal Entries, Small Projects, Current Events, IReady
Primary 50%- Essays, Unit Assessments, Benchmarks, Tests, Major Projects
I am looking forward to a rewarding and exciting year☺ If you have any questions and or concerns at any time, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will respond to your message as soon as possible.