VOORHEES MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAMSStudents in grades 6th, 7th and 8th from all district elementary schools attend the Voorhees Middle School. For incoming 6th grade students, VMS features an extensive orientation program for both parents and students. Placement testing and orientation for students transferring to VMS in grades six through eight are held in August.
Voorhees Middle School offers a wide range of courses and special programs. Computer aided instruction using state of the art technology is used throughout the school. Students at the middle school participate in a 1:1 iPad Program. The purpose of the iPad program at the Voorhees Middle School is to provide students and staff with tools and resources to create a modern learning environment that will prepare students to be successful in high school and ultimately to be college and career ready.VMS offers many outstanding programs that provide opportunities for community service, physical fitness, and academic enrichment. These include:
- Academics: High School Algebra I, Spanish I and French I. French and Spanish in 7th and 8th grades, World Culture in 6th grade.
- Related Arts: music, art and computers and STEM.
- Environmental Studies: All sixth grade students participate in an outdoor environmental studies program in which they study environmental sciences and participate in social activities.
- Extracurricular Activities: include two bands, chorus, orchestra, Environmental Science Club, School Store, Computer Club, School Newspaper, Reflections Literary Magazine, Science Olympiad, Homework Club, Mentors in the Middle, Peer Mediation, Peer Tutoring, Technology Club, Adopt-a-Grandparent, Chess Club, Drama Club, Student Council, Viking Volunteers, Yearbook Club, Golf Club, Math Club and Free-to-Be Club.
- Sports: baseball, basketball, field hockey, cheerleading, running club, soccer, softball, track, wrestling and sixth grade intramural sports.
For more information visit the Voorhees Middle School.