Voorhees Township Public Schools Health Services
A certified School Nurse is on duty at each of our schools during school hours. The nurse is responsible for the following:
1) medication must be in original container
- Ensuring that all students have fulfilled immunizations required by State law.
- Checking and recording all students' height, weight, vision, hearing blood pressure according to board policy.
Checking students for scoliosis beginning at age 10 and then biennially, in grades 6 and 8.
Administering prescription medication/over the counter medication in school to students provided these following conditions are met:
2) medication must be labeled with child's name, medication name, dosage and frequency
3) note from the physician and parent giving directions for dose of medication and time to be given, as well as purpose of medication and termination date. This applies to prescription as well as over-the-counter medication.
- Administering first aid when needed under guidelines set up under the school physician.
- Acting as a health education resource.