Safety & Security
The Voorhees Township School District is committed to the safety and security of students, faculty, staff and visitors. To maintain vigilance in our security and preparedness measures, the following procedures have been outlined:
- All building doors are locked at all times. During arrival and departure times, staff members are on duty at the entrance doors for students.
- All visitors to our building must be buzzed in through the front office and are required to sign in and wear a Visitor’s Badge while in the building.
- Procedures for fire drills, evacuation drills, lock-down drills, and other security drills are in place and are practiced monthly by all students and staff throughout the year. For security purposes the drills are not announced in advance.
- The Voorhees Township Schools and Voorhees Township Police Department have partnered to ensure that a uniformed officer will be present at each school.
- The Voorhees Township Schools work closely with local law enforcement, fire department personnel, and the Office of Emergency Management to ensure coordination of efforts in the event of an emergency.
- The Voorhees Township Schools utilize the Blackboard’s mass notification system. This email/telephone notification program allows us to notify all parents within just a few minutes in the event of an emergency. This program relies on the accuracy of the telephone numbers and email addresses we have listed for parents, so it is important for you to notify the school with any change in phone numbers or contacts.
Please be assured that our primary goal is to ensure the safety and security of all our students through preparation, planning, and prevention. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the school or district office.