Title I/Basic Skills
District Program Overview
2021 - 2022
What is BSIP?
- District-wide supplemental instruction program
- Provides students with reinforcement in the areas of reading, math, and language arts
- It is not associated with special education
How is the Program Funded?
- Local/State Funds – Received Annually
- Federal Title I Funds Received Annually – through a federal grant prepared by the district
How are students selected for participation?
- State and standardized assessment scores are below the minimum levels of proficiency
- Teacher recommendation
- Response to Intervention Team recommendation
- Student was enrolled in a program in another school district
- Parent request
What is the format of the program?
- Small group instruction
- Meet regularly according to established schedule
- Ongoing communication between homeroom teacher and BSIP teacher
How are parents kept informed?
- BSIP progress reports sent 2nd and 4th marking periods
- Progress discussed at conference time