Here are some awesome OPTIONAL activities for you to complete at home. They will surely help your mind and imagination get stronger:)
Send us a picture to share with the class!
- Click on the links below to explore any of these virtual field trips....
*After you complete a field trip, please write up a summary of 3 three things you learned.
- You can also explore....
Fun things to do at home
- There are a lot of cool companies that will give us free subscriptions for the rest of the school year.
- Time for kids is a great one for current events.
Check them out:
- Don't forget to visit any of these....
- PBS Kids
- NASA Science Club
- Amazing Space
- Fun Brain
- Math Playground
- Math 24
- National Geographic Kids
- Epic books
- Khan Academy
- Scholastic Learn at Home Program
- There are also many STEM activities you can complete
by visiting these websites:
- I also encourage you to log into:
Prodigy Math, iReady, Newsela, MobyMax, and ReadWorks to complete extra work
- If you want to do one of the optional activities below, please create a new Google Doc on your Google Drive and share with me:
- Who are the characters in this story?
- Where does the story take place?
- When did it happen?
- What was the problem?
- How would you describe the main character?
- How did the characters solve the problem?
- How would you have solved the problem if this was you?
- What questions would you ask if you were given an interview with the main character?
- What parts of the text would you change?
- Predict what happens in the future with these characters.
- What was the funniest part of the story?
- What was the saddest part of the story?
- What is the theme?
- How would you summarize the text?
- How would you compare this text to another text of the same genre?
- What is the main idea of the text?
- Compose a song or poem about the main character.
- Review the ending of the story.
- Design the perfect career for the main character.
- What connections can you make between your life and the book? Explain.
- Write a letter to a character in the book. What would you say to the character?
- If you could step into this story, what is the first thing you would do?
- Choose one character and explain why you would or would not want to have him/her as a friend in real life.
- Describe the setting(s) in the story. Can you make a connection to the place(s)?
- From what you have read so far, what prediction can you make? What makes you think this will happen?
NON FICTION choices:
- What is the main idea of what you read?
- Give three details to support the main idea.
- What are some words you did not know if your text? Use a dictionary to define them.
- Does this topic remind you of another topic or text you have read about before?
- Write 3 important facts or new information from your text.
- Give 2 opinions about the topic.
- Copy the part of your text you found to be the most interesting. Explain why it is interesting to you.
- What text features do you see within your text? Give some examples.
- What new questions do you have after reading this text?
- Write a summary about what you read in your text today. Remember that a summary contains ONLY important FACTS.
- What are your feelings and/or thoughts about this topic? Explain.