Parent Information CenterI believe that communication is the key to a great parent-teacher relationship. Please use this website to familiarize yourself with our schedule, homework assignments, curriculum, and quiz and test information.Teacher Contact Information
I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at any time. I can be contacted a number of ways:
- You may call the school at 767-6749 and leave a message on extension 71115
- You may use your child's planner
- You can write a note
- Don't forget: You can always E-mail me from the Welcome Page (email@example.com)
Homework is an essential part of the 5th grade curriculum because it is a way of reinforcing what was taught throughout the school day. Homework is assigned Monday -Thursday and should take an hour or less. This does not include long-term assignments/projects or studying for tests and quizzes. If your child is taking a lot longer than this to complete the assignments, please contact me immediately, so we can evaluate the problem.
- Tests and quiz dates are always given between 2 - 5 days in advance and should be in your child's planner.
- Studying for tests and quizzes is considered homework. Reviewing classwork on a daily basis will make studying for tests and quizzes much easier.
- Planners should be reviewed daily with your child. This will ensure that your child completes all of his/her homework.
- If your child is home sick, work will be sent home upon their return and they will be told when it is due.
- All missed tests due to illness will be taken when your child and I feel they are ready.
Test Folder InformationTest Folders will be sent home every Friday. In the folder, you will find all tests and quizzes
The sign off sheet MUST be SIGNED AND RETURNED on Monday. It is very important that I get all items back and the sign-off sheet is signed. These will become useful during conference time, should we need to reference back to a previous test.
Birthdays are a cause for celebration! Your child is special and we want to make his/her birthday the best that it can be! There are a few things I ask that you keep in mind when sending in a birthday treat for your child:
We have 16 students and 1 teacher in the class
Please keep it simple... no candles, decorations, etc. We do not have a lot of time to spend on this and it is not a birthday party!
We usually celebrate after lunch-recess.
Please make sure your treat is pre-cut and ready to serve