Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year
September 6, 2018
WELCOME TO THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR!
WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED:
Like us on Facebook - Check out what's going on in the district with regular updates and events on our page!
Download our Mobile App – Voorhees Township PS in the App store
CHECK OUR WEBSITE - www.voorhees.k12.nj.us - for the most up to date information about the district and your child's school.
Just a reminder: during the first few days of school, buses will sometimes be late until the bus routes have become routine for students and drivers. Please expect some delays. We appreciate your patience. If you have any questions contact your school or Diane Turner, Transportation Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org - she will get back to you in a timely manner.
GENESIS PARENT PORTAL
The district has created on-line forms in Genesis. If you have not completed on-line forms in the Genesis Parent Portal, please do so as soon as possible. This will save you from filling out numerous forms the first few days of school!
Message from the Nurses Office:
- Medical orders need to be updated annually for each school year, please be sure to hand in any new orders as soon as possible (doctors’ offices will update orders without having an additional visit).
- Parents need to bring any medication directly to the nurse’s office (DO NOT SEND MEDICATION IN WITH YOUR CHILD). Medication must be sealed and unopened.
- If your child has food allergies that may require the use of Benadryl and or epinephrine, Asthma that requires an inhaler, or any type of seizure disorder an Action Plan and doctors’ orders need to be in place.
- If your child may need any type of medication during the school day, including over the counter medication (Tylenol, Ibuprofen, cough drops) doctors’ orders are needed in order to be administered by the school nurse.
Any questions please contact the nurse's office.
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH
- The 2018-2019 Free and Reduced Application package can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate link below. Please make sure that the entire package is completed if you are applying for free or reduced benefits. You must complete the current 2017-2018 application; previous school year applications cannot be accepted.
- You may access this link and apply for benefits anytime during the school year. If you do not want to apply for free or reduced benefits, you do not have to fill out the application.
- Further questions please contact: Wendy Stevens - Director of Food Services at 856-751-8446 ext. 6141
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHTS . . . SAVE THE DATES
Click here for a complete listing: Back to School Night Schedule
Reminder ...... ALL Parents needing to utilize CER School Age Care must register with the CER Office. 48 hours’ notice is required before your child can begin to participate. CER Office is located inside the Voorhees Middle School.
Any changes in your child's SAC schedule or "As Needed" families must provide 2 notes (one note to your child's homeroom teacher and one note to CER - SAC staff).
Any questions regarding CER please contact the CER office directly, CER@voorhees.k12.nj.us
STUDENT RECORDS - ANNUAL ANNOUNCEMENT
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and students over 18 years of age (eligible students) certain rights with respect to the student’s education records. For more information click here.