This previous school year has certainly been one unlike any other. I wanted to introduce myself and pass along some information about what our classroom will look like this year.
Last year was my first year as a teacher in the Voorhees School District. Prior to teaching in Voorhees, I taught special education (as an after school counselor in Philadelphia just out of college and then for 8 years as a paraprofessional, self-contained teacher, inclusion teacher and a resource room teacher spanning from grades K-6) for 9 years. This will be my 11th year teaching students with disabilities and I look forward to continuing to learn how to be a better teacher for all students!
Please visit our district website for the most up to date information: https://www.voorhees.k12.nj.us/
This year, the students in our class will be attending school each day of the week for full days (except for a virtual Wednesday). The following expectations will be in place to the best of the ability of the students.
- Students must wear a mask at all times when in the classroom.
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves at all times in the classroom.
- Students are asked to bring one snack for the morning. Students will eat at a desk by themselves.
- Students will learn how to appropriately wash hands using soap (before and after using the bathroom, before and after eating, and any time students put their hands in their mouths).
- Students will have their own supplies (pencils, crayons, and other materials needed for learning). Supplies will be disinfected after each use.
- Please trust that staff will do our very best to keep students socially distant within our room, in the halls, and in the lunchroom. As you know, our students require many reminders and much physical support when writing, cutting, and organizing and staff will follow protocols as closely as possible to ensure student success.
- There will be 8 students in our classroom, 1 teacher, 2 RBT support staff members, and 3 members of our class who will be learning online with Mrs. Ambro.
- If you have any questions AT ALL please email me at email@example.com
I’m excited for our year together!
Google Classroom Code: hfx6fxf
Google Meet Code: laff10
Remind App: http://remind.com/join/msrlaffe