Reading Tips for Parents
1. Read with your child daily.
2. Establish a reading time in a quiet spot.
3. Read spontaneously with your child. Use directions on a cake mix or read street signs while driving.
4. Talk to your child about world events. This will build vocabulary and background experiences.
5. Discuss books with your child. Help them make connections to other things they have read.
6. Obtain library cards.
7. Encourage your child to write daily. It could be a grocery list, a letter, or a story.
8. Build a partnership with your child's teacher. This will bring success for your child.