Voorhees Township Public Schools
__ - __ School Year
Osage Elementary School and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
To provide the highest quality instruction program to the students at Osage Elementary School, the teachers and staff will:
· provide an academic program that is rigorous and challenging and assist students to be successful in all subject areas.
· communicate regularly with families regarding students’ academic progress.
· provide parents with information sessions as well as workshops during the school year.
· give parents/guardians the opportunity to provide feedback regarding the effectiveness of our enrichment programs.
· provide an after school homework program twice a week for students who need additional support.
We, as parents/guardians, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
· send our children to school appropriately dressed, prepared to learn, and on time.
· read to our children at least 15 minutes per day.
· attend at least one parent/teacher conference a year to discuss the academic progress of their children.
· assist their children with their homework assignments on a regular basis to ensure completeness and accuracy.
· attempt to attend one evening parent workshop.
I, as the student, will share the responsibility to improve my academic achievement and achieve the State’s high standards. Specifically, I will:
· do my homework every day and ask for help when I need to.
· read at least 15 minutes every day outside of school time.
· give to my parents/guardians all notices and information received from my school every day.
Principal’s Signature Teacher’s Signature
Parent/Guardian’s Signature Student’s Signature