Instrumental Music Parent Information
- Must provide own instrument- may rent or purchase from anywhere, or use a handed down instrument
- Instruments must be in ready to play condition by Oct. 1.
- Bring in instrument to be checked by teacher by 9/20.
Overview of Instrumental Music Program
- to attend lessons and rehearsals each week
- to bring instrument and music to lessons and rehearsals
- to practice assignments at least 4 days a week
- to fill out practice record completely and honestly
- to take care of their instrument and music
- to provide an instrument in good condition and the necessary music and accessories
- to encourage and support their child with practicing and performing
- to provide a well lit, quiet area of the home to practice
- to provide for the repair of the instrument, if needed
- to provide transportation to and from the spring concert
- If a repair is needed please bring in instrument to teacher ASAP. Do not attempt repairs yourself.
Most minor repairs can be done at school, but bigger ones can be sent to City Music Center for an estimate.
Rented instrument (from City Music Center) receive free repairs.